Sony announces a VR system for the PlayStation called Morpheus. Can’t wait, this looks pretty great!
Like the Sony SmartBand it counts your steps and records your sleep. Furthermore it shows your individually defined progress on a scale from 1-100. According to Wired it will be available this fall, for $390.
For some reasons I need all new gadgets from Sony. Not all are convincing, like the first Sony SmartWatch was quite disapponting. Now they released the SmartBand, a wristband which:
- counts your steps
- records when you walk or run
- records your sleeping phases
It connects via NFC or Bluetooth to your Android phone (version 4.4 or higher). Together with the Lifelog app you get a full daily log which also includes:
- when you communicated (phone, messaging, mail, facebook, instagram, foursquare, …)
- when you took a picture
- when you listened to music
- when you watched a movie, read a book, or played a game on your phone
- when you browsed the internet
Furthermore it can vibrate when you get a call or message, and there are apps to use your SmartBand to:
- control your media player
- find your phone
- take a picture
Altogether I really like this gadget. The hardware and software works fine, and you really get a nice idea about how you spend your day and night. Good move, Sony!